I have learned, much to my cost, that the wireless telecommunications industry in Australia is an absolute farce and a rort.
Following my protracted negotiations with Telstra, it has been agreed that I am to be refunded for the unit that will not work with my computer and that Telstra are not prepared to provide proper technical support for. All I have to do is return the unit, requesting it be forwarded to the tech support people for testing.
I returned to the point of purchase. But the store manager refused to take the unit back for tech review unless:
- I provided a credit card number; or
- I paid cash bond.
What a brilliant scam this lot are running:
- keep giving customers incorrect information via technical support that forces the customer to keep calling back at twenty-five cents a time;
- hide the existence of the Complaints Resolution Centre
- tie refunds to return of the equipment BUT
- only if you provide a bond up front or give them a credit card to bill you for the process of providing the tech review that the refund is reliant on.
But the story is not yet over - see my next post that is about to come.